Simplify, reduce, and streamline the child support application process to make applying for services easier
Business Problem/Opportunity: Simplify, reduce, and streamline the child support application process to make applying for services easier. Make the child support application process simpler and more efficient, and make it easier and faster for participants to fill out.
Current Status: 59% completed
- Reduce the length of the current application package by exploring the federal minimum requirements
- Simplify the language used to request information for services
Critical Success Factors: Decrease the number of online applications that are abandoned and increase the number of online applications completed and submitted
- Progress: Simplify, Reduce and Streamline the Child Support Application Process 59% 59%
Electronic Solution for Parentage Opportunity Program Declarations
Business Problem/Opportunity: Parentage Opportunity Program offers eligible parents the opportunity to establish a legal parent-child relationship free of charge by signing and filing a Voluntary Declaration of Parentage. Parentage Opportunity Program’s manual process should be evaluated for an electronic solution.
Current Status: 20% completed
- Develop and implement automated options for Parentage Opportunity Program that include: online access for eligible parents to complete and review declarations, real-time validation to mitigate errors, online witnessing, electronic signatures, and electronic data submissions
Critical Success Factors: Number of days from sign to file, error rate, and total declarations filed
- Electronic Solution for Parentage Opportunity Program Declarations 20% 20%
2020 - Introduce Texting for Customer Service - COMPLETED
Implement texting to improve the customer service
Business Problem/Opportunity: Implemented a statewide text messaging solution to increase accessibility and communication with county and regional child support agencies.
Current Status: 100% completed
- Improved communication between county and regional child support agencies and child support participants
- Increased efficiency and speed of the child support case process, and enabled faster response rates for customers
Critical Success Factors: Child support participants are using text messaging and are satisfied with the service, increase in customer service, and faster responses from county and regional offices