Develop a working relationship with insurance companies to assist in reducing child support debt
Business Problem/Opportunity: AB 2802 requires insurance companies to cooperate with California Child Support Services to identify and report claimants who owe past-due child support, and to match payees who owe child support debt.
Current Status: 72% completed
- Streamline processes to reduce child support debt
- Work collaboratively with insurance companies to ensure compliance with legislation
Critical Success Factors: California Child Support Services and insurance companies build partnership to reduce child support debt, and ensure cooperation from insurance companies and communicate to insurance companies about mandatory changes
- Progress: Collaborate With Insurance Companies 72% 72%
The current California child support program limits accessibility by not being a trauma-informed organization, which impacts parents who seek our services
Business Problem/Opportunity: To change the limits of accessibility and become an agency where all parents can utilize our services requires a culture change. This requires California Child Support Services to focus on building blocks to build a trauma-informed organization that requires shared knowledge, understanding, commitments, practices, and culture. These require in-depth training throughout the department and all managers and supervisors practicing transformational leadership.
Current Status: 23% completed
- Create a trauma-informed culture throughout the child support program in a multi-year phased approach for internal staff and to the families we serve to obtain the services they need without reliving trauma during the child support process
Critical Success Factors: Becoming a trauma-informed organization requires a culture change. This change can only occur over several years. An assessment of the current state of our trauma-informed practices will be conducted to determine the gaps, which will then address the items needed to move the organization into the desired future state
- Progress: Become A Trauma Informed Organization 23% 23%